|Date of first acceptance||1952||Total acceptances||1780|
|Height over cupola||108.5"
|Width over sandshields||112.0"
|Ground pressure, zero penetration||8.5psi
|.50cal M2HB MG||Flexible on concentric ring cupola mount M2||1,800 rounds||360°
|Infrared periscope M19 for driver|
|Rolled and cast homogeneous steel|
|Location||Thickness||Angle from vertical|
|Engine||Continental AO-895-4; 6 cylinder, 4 cycle, opposed gasoline|
|Torque||Net: 640 ft-lb@1,800rpm
Gross: 775 ft-lb@2,100rpm
|Transmission||Allison CD-500-4, 2 ranges forward, 1 reverse|
|Type||Road wheels||Track return rollers|
|Torsion bar||5 individually sprung dual/track||3 dual/track|
|Drive sprockets||Idlers||Shock absorbers||12-tooth front drive||Dual compensating at rear of track||On first and last road wheels/track|
|Center guide, single pin, steel with detachable rubber pad|
|Shoes/track||70||Ground contact length||115.75"
|Max level road speed||44mph
|Max grade||60%||Max vertical obstacle||24"
|Min turning diameter||Pivot||Max fording depth||48"
|Cruising range||~115mi, roads
The M75 armored infantry vehicle was based on the chassis of the cargo tractor T43E1, which used the same suspension as the 76mm gun tank M41. M75 resembled a box on tracks, as many armored personnel carriers do, and its exhaust pipe emerged from the front of the vehicle's roof and vented the engine exhaust to the right. Two large hinged rear roof doors opened towards the center of the vehicle over the passenger compartment, and infantry access was provided by two large doors in the rear of the hull. The brush guard for the right headlight cluster was extended to also protect the exhaust pipe later in the production run. Starting with International Harvester vehicle serial number 377 and FMC vehicle serial number 1327, changes were instituted into production. Early M75s had thinner roof armor at .375" (.953cm) and thicker floor armor at 1.25" (3.18cm), and the first two and last two road wheels on each track were damped with shock absorbers on early vehicles. When the changes commenced, the center two shock absorbers were eliminated; sandshields were deleted; the bump stops for the center three wheels on each track were changed to solid steel from the earlier volute spring version; the taillights, external fire extinguisher handles, and auxiliary generator and engine side access door handle had their niches in the hull removed, leaving them mounted on the face of the armor; the rear fuel filler gained an armored cover; the auxiliary engine was eliminated, and its access cover on the hull roof was replaced by a flat plate; the twin 75-gallon (280L) rubber fuel tanks were replaced by a single metal 150-gallon (570L) tank; the hull drain valves were replaced by plugs; riveting on the hull interior was overtaken by welding; new rear door and roof hatch handles were designed; the fire extinguisher system was improved; and the driver received a new instrument panel with the addition of a tachometer. The driver and commander each had a vision cupola, and the driver's could be equipped with an infrared periscope in late vehicles.